Friday, April 26, 2013

She Blooms

I decided to make a Christy Tomlinson style girl and I want to show you my inspiration


This is Christy Tomlinson artwork and she has it in her etsy store right now.  I recommend to anyone wanting to learn to paint, go take her workshops and the are on SALE HERE. She is a very good teacher as well as painter. I admire what she does.

Here is my canvas

This canvas edge was done waaay to early this morning and I double visioned the stamp along the edge. I think I was seeing double?  Not enough coffee to be awake that early?  So then I Frantaged the edges with Shabby Green and I love how it looks.


My background was mod podged with Glitz papers "Cashmere Dame" and then I painted over it with acrylic blue, yellow, and pink.


Her flowers are cut out with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and then I blended them in with gelatos and Pitt pens from Fabercastell.   I doodled around her and her hair.  I stamped various stamps onto her and around the canvas.


One thing I like about this kind of canvas is the texture you get from mod podging your strips of random papers.  There is a real piece of lace that gave me some trouble, it finally stayed after I used Glossy Accents and then mod podge.

Another boo boo because I was half asleep is that when you heat up Frantage the acrylic paint bubbles right away, so she has a blemish on her arm, hehe.

I used Rub ons for the doily and edges and corners.


Her hair, skin and cheeks were painted. The dress, flowers, and butterfly are mod podged on.


I am entering this canvas into the following challenges

Thank you for stopping by today, hope your weekend is fun and crafty!
Kelly

20 comments:

  1. OH WOW ! Just love your canvas, a beauty ! Very nice work with colors, with papers, with frantage etc...Congrats for this superb creation !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, you really have done Christy proud with your stunning creation, love the beautiful flowers and also the little butterflies on her neck. A beautiful canvas. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this beautiful canvas, Kelly! Outstanding job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented Kelly. This is stunning.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning canvas, Kelly... The background and those flowers are simply stunning... and I love all the Frantage touches - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifique! Kelly, I wonder what story this young lady that comes straight out of your imagination would tell us. She is very secretive to me... whereas the others just seemed to open themselves! She must be part of your secret garden, admire all those flowers on her right side, love the pretty lace on her neckline, and the wonderful lively colors you painted the background with. and I would not have noticed the booboos you mentioned, I looked at the beauty of it all... it is all part of the prrrrrrrrrrrocess. wich is more important that the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresult. LOL
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, WOW, WOW...Kelly this canvas is Stunning...The detail is outstanding.. Love the flowers, lace. fran-tage, colours, image...I could go on & on... Breathtaking beauty... you are one very talented lady... Love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Kelly! I love those flowers in her hair and there's so much to see... the border, the lace, the background - fabulous! A lady of so many talents and loads of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS work, Kelly! I love it! Have a great weekend!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sugar Bear - this is the best canvas yet -- you are a beautiful artist Kelly and you have a style all your own. You are as good if not better than anyone out there. I think you should create your own class - I would gladly take it and pay for it too!
    Love you Sugar - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your canvas is stunning! The colors and design are fabulous. I got some fu goodies this weekend which I hope to use soon on a canvas. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Kelly. Stunning canvas with beautiful colors and your flowers are amazing. I am such a lazy blog visitor lately and I have missed all you beautiful canvases and cards. So, I did take a look of them and wow thay are all gorgeous. For the canvas, I also want to make a canvas but I don not know where to begin LOL. I have pinned a lot of photos and You Tube films on Pinterest but doing it ........
    Take care,
    Hugs from the Netherlands,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really nice work, thank you for joning Berry 71 Bleu challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing canvas! Love all of the colors and texture! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Kelly! Your canvas is fabulous! Beautiful colours and I love all the texture...especially her sweet lace collar x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so talented my friend, she is a beauty and I love her. Your techniques are superb and I love the range of colours you've chosen for her, big sigh from me! Hugs Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well.....you know what I think of your canvas work....exceptionally amazing!!! I'm having the best time taking in all the tiny details right alongside the more obvious and vibrant ones. This is yet another stunning project you've mastered. Just love it!! :D
    You really should show off the one you did for me. She's looking at me right now!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is superb Kelly. Love that you have used lace for the neckline too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!